This is a post I typed in the notes section in my phone, way back in March. The night when I went to look through my old blogposts on this blog. Chanced upon this note in my phone and decided to paste it here (:
March, 2015.
On a whim decided to revisit my old blog again. I guess that's the place I've kept my memories of myself in my growing years.
I'm glad I've typed out those emotions all those years before... In a way I got to know a little girl better. Even though that girl was me.
This girl was hopeful, cheerful, happy... Hoping and aspiring for lots for the future. Some days she is upset abt life. Reading abt her days filled with school, friends and dance, makes me wish I got the chance to talk to her
Know her better, and tell her that for the areas of your life which suck now, it will get better. And even though you think life sucks now, it's really truly, still the best time of your life.
----------------------
It has been a good 10 years. So much has changed, even though the me I was 10 years ago is still me.
It'll forever be a space only shared with nobody else other than those I've known over that period of time.
-----------------------
This is way too melancholic for any night.
Glad I actually bothered to write all those stuff down when I was a teenager. Haha actually it isn't really a surprise, considering I'm always such a person since young (wanting to do my best so I won't regret later on). But along the way I've really changed and am no longer such a person. Glad I used to be an innocent kid who believed in all the good in the world :)
Wish those friendships mentioned in those posts are still alive today.. But life happened.
Still, I believe it's up to oneself
To keep a friendship going. Some of those girls, I haven't spoken to them over several years. Some of them, even if we see each other on the roads now, probably we wouldn't even say hi. Sigh, such is life.
Glad that at least I have those memories. Of everyone around me as innocent and happy and hopeful as I was :)
It also made me realize that, amid all the complains I used to have... I am truly very blessed. Both then and now.
Blessed to have the chance to go through education this way, in a top school, learn how to think, critique, analyse. Blessed to be educated. Blessed to have been in a good class and to know good, trustworthy and loving friends. Blessed to be in a CCA (dance) which was the love of my life and basically was the bulk of the excitement in my teenage life.
Blessed to have come into contact with good teachers, blessed to be able to learn.
Blessed to have a good family, a cute and lovely mom, annoying but lovely siblings.
Blessed to have been surrounded by people with good hearts
Blessed to be healthy, to be able to dance. Blessed to have had the chance to move across the stage, to perform to audiences below you. Blessed to know what is the love for dance, and love for dancers and juniors.
Blessed to be young and be given the chance to feel happiness, sadness. Blessed to have felt love, hope, joy (soooo much joy I had derived from dance). And ultimately, blessed to have the chance to go through all of that, and blessed to have those as memories.
**
Good night.